Tuesday, April 29, 2008

NP: Megadeth - Wanderlust

.



A drum beats for me,
it gets louder every day
The cadence tells me that soon
I'll meet my judgment day
Life's an endless showdown,
never knowing when they'll come
I sleep with one eye open
lying with my smoking gun

The game I play
has caused a lot of grief
They were dying for fame,
so I obliged some relief.

--Megadeth (D. Mustaine)

The 30::30 ends tomorrow night.
I'm happy to just be writing.

Been talking to my computer
(speech recognition, not insanity).

It doesn't understand me either.


I work a little next week.
Three days with a new company.
It's good money and may lead to more opportunities.

I'm also working H-SC's graduation.
I just hope the old people aren't too drunk off their asses
like at the football games.
There's nothing more thrilling than waiting
on a loudmouthed grandmother reeking of vodka.
At noon, no less.

Then, Monday, I hopefully go to UVA,
with a smile and a bum leg.
I say hopefully because I just want my leg back.
It sucks balls trying to do anything active
(split wood, mow grass, play basketball)
and every few seconds feel a warm draft,
a pinch, a throb, a reminder that without warning
I could be bleeding like a sonuvabitch.

After that visit,
it's probably a wave of tests,
some recuperation and revision,
another day of work in June,
a big old submission set-sail in the mid-month,
and then lunch with some friends I
haven't seen in a long time.
I promise.

And then?

I guess I finally get my wanderlust on
and roll, roll, roll along like a watermelon,
a plump, juicy, red-meat watermelon,
seeming so green.

Anyway, yeah.
I've got to go get pissed at my monitor, now--
dry-throated with a want to throttle.



Soon.


.

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole