Friday, April 18, 2008

Writing And Other Assorted Updates

The 30::30 is going smoothly and quicker than usual.
Some good stuff, some crap, some personal stuff, and some bullshit,
which is the point. It's writing.

The short story, untitled, is (finally) in its final third.
I'm still unsure the final bits, but it'll come.

The next story will hopefully be done by June.
God, I write too slow now, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, all this is pushing toward my first submissions period
in eight months. Most of my previous submissions have come back
safe and sound, but I'm still awaiting about fifteen
that range from last February to November.

On June 21, more than 150 poems and 10-15 short stories
will be sailing off into the slushy hands of others.

So, May's pretty much going to be typing up crap
that goes back years, revising over two-hundred-
and-some-odd poems and about twenty stories,
slitting some of their throats for the final time
(or putting them in collection folders),
and putting them in their Sunday best
for at least one more go-round.

Eventually, I'll start putting together a chapbook
(or something) and start trying to get something
a little bigger cooking.

"Poets, We Lie," which is the title of a poem I like and one
that probably left a handful of editors cursing
as they were digging out their form letters, is
its probable title, if any. But I don't even know if the poem
would make it.


But that's it for a little round-up round here.
It's late and it's about time to pass out.
Hopefully, by the end of May I'll know something more about my legs.
And my future.


Sooner.

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole