Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Thirteen Posts of Christmas 2008: #02 Hell In The Valley (Premiere)

Last year about this time I had probably lied down after a day of gathering wood and an evening of burying one of our dogs. At about 10:00AM on Christmas Eve, a varicose vein broke out of my leg and sent me to the hospital for stitches and another shot to the little nest egg (escape money, bail, whatever you call it) I had been nurturing. Losing about a quart of blood would probably dampen any fool's festive mood--and it sure killed mine.

But a year's gone by, my leg's a little healthier (though the support socks are a little aggravating), and the egg is trying to put on some weight as I try to take some off. Lost forty pounds between May 12 and October 3-- it's gone back up a little since--and I'm looking forward to get back on track in a week or two.

Things haven't changed too much since last year--I guess it could always be worse. Hell, my writing's been finding success--twelve or so publications--considering I've only submitted to maybe 165 journals over that time. I have a heck of a lot to be thankful for.

This year I started learning the ins and outs of Windows Movie Maker. Made a few little short clips parodying Conan the Barbarian. About the same time I was releasing those on Youtube, I began working on a Western project that had been rolling around inside my head. Originally thought to be something for my little nephews and niece, it became a Silent picture featuring plastic cowboys and indians as the cast.

For Christmas this year, I am offering it to the world and the thirty views it will probably get in the next year or so. It's long, a little dry, and a little rough, but what "art" ain't? So, without much more talky/talky, I present to you:



Hell In The Valley Of Lorde's Creek.
a jlh production.








http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--stoV5u0M

No budget. Me playing guitar. Miniatures. A bird house and a bird feeder standing in as a town square. Oh, you better believe it! All work's mine, if you couldn't tell. ;-)


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole