Monday, January 26, 2009

Preposthumous Poetry & Stuffz: Work #9

"Gunfire in Richmond"





This is a Haiku I wrote last year precisely for a certain nameless publication. I got admonished because my haiku wasn't typical haiku and didn't fit a certain haiku standard of haiku-ness. Yeah, so, it has a f--king title. Boo, flackin', hoo. And it is my attempt to bring some 'Ku to the funk. Waaahh.

Thus, why I don't write for publication. I write, then seek its expansion.

Anyway, I think this is the best one yet. Quick and punchy and sweet. "The Best $40 Bucks" was awesome too, but ain't anybody watched it. Click on the "Prepost" link at the end and scroll down.

Details: Mark Holmberg kicks ass. He's like a grit-lit master of non-fiction journalism. The footage used is from a New Year's Eve story he did this past year for WTVR -Channel 6. The story is actually about a murder that took place, Jesus, fifteen years ago. Wasn't New Year's (and I don't think the baby lived) but it was the inspiration.

Music is one response from the chant "Amicus Meus." Shit is badass and will be used again (and soon). Made Public Domain by http://www.cipoo.net/index.html. My theme is Telemann's Sonata for 2 violins released under CC 2.0 by MIT.


"Artier"

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole