Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Week On The Docket

with no place to go.

I'm back working,
back with my head down,
pile-driving through to each Friday.

Last week was filled with rejections from Thanksgiving.
That's always fun.

The computer situation killed a lot of creative momentum.
This too is fun.

I wrote myself into a corner on the script,
sort of have the idea out of the corner,
but trying to write it out,
I'm not sure exactly where the hell I am
in speaking of terms of time.
I think one of the problems is I have the main character
too loose with what should be a serious tone.
While that is one of the points, it is only a first draft
and will be subject to much, much revision.

I just realized I haven't written too much fiction this year.
There's been a short-short about baseball (and other stuff)
and some graphic stuff that I haven't typed up.

I guess this script counts as something.

I guess the dozens of poems count for something else.

Something else.

Did I waste another year?

I don't know.
I need to get some sleep,
get my shit straight,
and try to start it all over again.

Everything all over again.

2 comments:

MCH said...

come take my drama workshop. do us both good.

m

Jason Huskey said...

I know...

Support A Starving Asshole