Friday, February 1, 2008

Rejection and the Fugitive Mind

Some hopeful rejections came in this month.
One stated that I'd made it to the final round
at a print biggie (to me, probably not the Stove-Top Shirts),
and got past the first rounds at a digital biggie
(ditto, but even less so, I think. I mean, they're pretty big on the digital side).
Plus, I got a cool non-form rejection from a journal in
Carolina that opened my eyes on a poem
I've been circulating for years.
The kind remarks and time that went in to it
really made my day. And they will help the piece.
Thanks.

It really makes me want to get back to work resubmitting;
but first things first,
I need to clear the cobwebs and revise like mad.
Especially now that I'm in a lull.
Get my crap in gear,
do a 30::30 in March,
and be ready to purge my files
back into the hands of strangers,
ready to receive the trickle of "thanks, but regrets"
to see that shimmer of "liked to accept x if x's still available."

This is the goal. This is the work.



And finding a job.

Oh, yeah...

that, too. that, too.

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole