Monday, February 4, 2008

The Script & Work & What?

The script is dying. Got to about the third act--about the third-- and kind of see the corner I've drawn my characters into. Who the heck is going to go rah-rah as the hero limps to vengeance with a variety of injuries and more importantly, who is going to believe it? I think I'm going to step back and approach this from an 80s-ish kind of way. B-Movie it into greatness.

I guess I'll try to fight that temptation off and try to suffer through it.

Who knows, maybe by a re-write it'll all come back to sense. I'm already cringing at half the dialogue--it's not even funny.

I think I'm gonna use the rest of this week to tear through the final thirty pages and see what's what. I don't even have a clue how far I'm into it, either. There's definitely a fifteen minute beginning, some development, some more development, even further development, some action, some lengthy discussions about this and that and other crap. And I'm about at the last straw, point of no return, I'm gonna get you, sucker, kind of marker. So, again, who knows?

This is why I don't like my new style, but it does help me focus on the problems as I type up the print. As I go to copy? What am I trying to say?

But at what point will the audience scoff. Unless he's a superhero, which Billy's not, he can barely deal with his 70-year-old folks-in-laws, his probable injuries can't just be shooed away.

Oh, but can they?

I guess I'll just make up for it with blood and boobies as anyone else would, until this gets sorted out.


Speaking of boobies and blood:

Thanks for the various google searches that have found my little home.

But seriously, while Jennifer Tilly has kept me afloat, what the hell is up with folks searching for the Death Wish II rape scenes? I know it's a brand-new world, or whatever, but siersly, you folks disturb the S out of me. It makes me want to take my review down.

Speakin'awhich:

Reviews may make a comeback. Like once in a while or something.

I don't know.



I might also follow through on doing the novella concerning my Gatlinburg/Sevierville Characters soon. I've had Music Wilkerson sitting in a fertility clinic for months now, just waiting to be asked if he knows what he wants.

Do we ever?

Increasingly, I don't.

Anyway.


I'll be around here and there.

The months approaching are cloudy, but we'll see.



I have new stuff coming out soon and some stuff still out waiting for judgment.

Here's to 2008!


Sooner, folks.

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole