Monday, March 3, 2008

NP: How Great Thou Art - Gomer Pyle, USMC

Dude has some vox.



Any who...

Thank God for Crea-dhd.

And pushing out from the sludge.

The "Western" idea I floated some time back is well into post.

Just need to rerecord one of the tunes and write another, but most of the transitions and cues are taking shape. It's rather cheesy but it's all heart. It's not as "silent" as I would like, but I guess that's because I try to get by with as little as I can, where I can. Basically I'm carving it out of a handful of short vid clips, pics, and one .gif. Done completely with plastic Cowboys and Indians I picked up at the $1 store. Woot!

A lot of continuity issues abound. I had to re-shoot a tad and it's a little buggy, but it adds a helluvalotta charm to it. It's all about heart.

On a more literary front, I'm about a twentieth the way through a new short story (first in about half-a-year (darn dead script) and it is feeling good. As the plotting still rolls out from A to B, this is starting to get me excited about maybe being a good long adventure into identity (again).

Then again, a lot of failure has come out of these "adventures into identity" before, but that's because they were too boring to stand (even when they shouldn't have had to've been *mouthful*) because the main characters were too close to me (resemblance chiefly). But now character and plot are getting the cogs and verses of their circular dance down to the last tremble of pulse before the amber wash of spot along the hardwood floor.

So, yeah.


When through the woods and forest glades I wander,
I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul,


Soon.


No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole