Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dr. Gruesome's Movie Morgue

Dr. Gruesome's Movie Morgue came on this afternoon after a twelve-and-more years of hiatus. It was great to see Doc and Skeeter back on the air after such a long time.

I wrote to them back in the long ago, when I was *cough* thirteen/fourteen, *cough* and still have the letter in my desk telling me they'd be back in some form some day.

And an autographed picture. (woohoo!)

I didn't catch all of it (did you see the slate of games I mentioned earlier), so I don't know if they mentioned anything full-time, but it's making me nostalgic, even though the bits of the movie I saw were ho-hum.

They used to play some good shit back in the day.

If I looked hard enough, I could probably find a couple tapes from their shows--Friday the Thirteenths, Halloweens, Nightmare on Elm Streets.

The one where my brother and I wrote in for a little contest. His entry was read on air. Mine wasn't, but my P.S. of hitting Skeeter on the head with a hammer got thrown in at the end.

Too many flashbacks, now. Too many feelings for my youth.

Time to go and depart, and that's not redundant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason--I am producing a film this summer about the Virginia Horror Host tradition called Virginia Creepers. (Check www.horsearcherproductions.com/virginiacreepers.htm)

We are looking for info on Dr. Gruesome and some fan interviews. Contact me via the website if you think you might be able to contribute

Support A Starving Asshole