Monday, October 15, 2007

NP: Morphine - Rope on Fire

"Only the two of us can disconnect the bomb.
Then save ourselves before the oxygen is gone.
I'll call for backup. You start to scream.
It's not the first time we've been in this dream."


Got a rejection from __ __ __ today. They probably thought their rejection was pretty Super Smooth, but ehh. . . I guess it was to say even the best of the best (and nobody hacks like the rest of us perhaps?) get rejected, but I found their brevity and vagueness to be somewhat of a letdown.

But they appreciated me for my interest, and I appreciate them for their time and consideration. And maybe one day, down, O, down on down the line, I'll show back up in their mailbox like a tiny Mike Tyson, all squeaking like a tiny mouse and wondering where all the money went, and beat an orgasmic hole into their collective literary tastes.

And take that form rejection with a little more grace.

But I'm actually happy they rejected the work, especially one of the poems, where I'd made an historically gawdawful and glaring mistake that perhaps only some folks would have gotten (children at heart and all that), but I'd never have let it go.

Seriously, to me, it was that bad of a mistake, and a tacked on, last minute, it needs this, kind of mistake that really burns the stubbiest of my short-hairs. Even though most would have looked right past it.

The poem, though, for now, in its current state, beyond the one BIG AZ BURGER of a mistake, was ready, but probably not for ____ __ __. Probably more for ___ ___ _ __ __ _______, but not ___ _ __, because it ain't got that Stove Top Stuffing some folks purr to.

O, it will go back out in November and we'll see how the leaves tremble.

Not many leaves in November?

Really?

Hmmm. . .
O, it's all coniferous then, baby.

All coniferous.



But this is a flower?




Yes. Yes, it is.







The Usage of "O" and __ __ __ and ___ ___ _ __ __ _______ and Big AZ Burger and Stove Top appear courtesy of LucasFilm, LTD.


Wtf?


Siersly.

He owns everything.


This song is awesome.

No comments:

Support A Starving Asshole